We are currently developing an augmented reality app to create a digital portrait of St. Helens. Participants are working with artists and performers to explore issues around the history, geography, and diversity of the town.
This new AR App will offer a creative overlay to a variety of outdoor spaces in St Helens. That will enable audiences of all ages to experience multimedia artwork outside the confines of galleries or performance spaces.
- Content created by participants
- AR app guides visitors around the town to reveal new features
- AR app launche planned for late 2021
Breaking down the walls of art galleries. Letting communities and visitors explore St Helens like never before.
- Creative response by locals to their town
- Showcasing creative response
- Using augmented reality (AR) to share the work more widely.
- Culminates in outdoor AR exhibition
Claire Weetman – Visual Art
Henry Iddon – Photography
Kate Hodgson – Visual Art
Capoeira for All – Dance, Music
Grace Smith – Dance and Music
Altru Drama CIC – Drama
David Bixter – Visual Art
Mako Create – Creative Digital Tech and Art
Cara Looij – Puppetry
Emmer Winder – Visual Art