For the Love Of It 14
2 days of inspiration, creation and fun, a chance for a wide range of Street Arts professionals to gather - for 2014 this was in Stoke-on-Trent.
Theme: 'Our Public Realm?'
- The democracy of art on the streets
- How do we make the most of this most public and accessible of all live performing arts?
- With public spaces increasingly being leased to and managed by private and commerial operators, what rights artists have?
Congregate Speculate Invigorate
A cross between a weekend long party and sessions with skill sharing and inspirational ideas - artists led and working for a broad mixture of people attending.
Low cost to cover all main meals. Many find it a fun, affirming and stimulating time in the company of some other great street artists / producers / programmers / funders.
Our partner this year is Appetite who bring ‘tasty’ arts experiences to people from Stoke-on-Trent through a wide range of events in public spaces both indoors and outside. Come and find out more……
for FLOI 2015 > see here
For the Love Of It 2014: Stoke
2 days of inspiration, creation, fun
6pm Friday 21st Feb - 3pm Sunday 23rd Feb 2014
Some of the Sessions:
- Balloon fun
- Outdoor Arts & the Public Realm
- Presentation: A Grand History of Outdoor Arts
- Presentation: Engagement
- Performance: Poetry slam
- Warm ups & physical games
- Batteries Included
- Presentation: Appetite & Stoke
- Presentation: Keep Streets Live
- Presentation: Social Media - not Rocket science
- Using social media
- Performance Whisleing
- Object manipulation
- Outdoor Work by, with or for young people
- Instant improvisation
- Archiving the streets
- Performance try out: Tea Lady
- Performance: Cake
- National Association of Street Artists UK AGM
- Interactive performance techniques
- Dynamic exploration of the Jungian dream space
- Playing with some sounds
...plus some other things....
Lead: a session on outdoor arts topic you’re passionate about - practical or theoretical, debate or presentation
Suggest: a topic or theme to explore
Show: a new performance / work-in-progress / extract. You can ask for as much feed-back as you like
Develop: ideas for a show
Cook: All food provided, but we need 4 lead cooks to prepare the main meals
Participate: in a range of practical sessions and debates
Join: the annual National Association of Street Artists UK general meeting
Find Out: about Appetite, NasaUK, FLOI, other artists / organisations / performers / shows / ideas...
Discuss: what's happening to the Public Realm
30 discounted rooms are available until 28th Jan at the nearby North Staffordshire Hotel <website>
£22.50 : shared room per person per night (£45 total)
£40 : single room per night
Room Only Discount Code: APNS2102
Bed and Breakfast (full English breakfast)
£55 : 2 people in twin / double room per night
£45 : single room per night
B&B Discount Code: APBB2102
To book Accomodation call 0161 923 0300
Quote Appetite Stoke and give relevant discount code